A modification to Civilization IV that recreates battles between clans of ancient Ireland.
version 1.00, February 24, 2006
Okay, two notes to start. First, I realize that Sadistik created a Gaelic mod
which includes Ireland and Scotland. I made this mod at the request of a
community member and hadn't looked up the details of the Gaelic mod first. As a
result, we both include Niall and the Fianna (albeit differently). All I can say
is that great minds think alike. :) I don't mean to step on anyone's toes with
this. It was just a request I decided to fill and the research led me to
include what's been included.
Second, I'm not Irish. So I apologize in advice in I've made a mistake or have
included something incorrectly. Let me know if there is anything that can be
On to it then...
Techs: Mysticism, Mining
- Conn Cetchathach (Aggressive/Organized - Police State)
- Niall Noigiallach (Spiritual/Creative - Hereditary Rule)
Unique Unit: Fianna Eireann (replaces Swordsman, get +15 city defense)
- Thanks to pdescobar for the leaderhead pics. These are taken from his Civ3
mod screenshots and fit in fairly well here
- More often then note I have tried to use Gaelic names for cities with the
exception of Dublin. Why? Just to make it more familiar to the non-Irish among
us (which is also why I use Ireland instead of Eire).
- I've added the following unique names for the Fianna, just for fun:
Dubh da bhoirenn
Clans of Leinster (generic)
Clans of Ulster (generic)
Clans of Munster (generic)
You can send questions or comments to email@example.com