This v1.3 incremental patch upgrades Battlefield 2 from 1.22 to 1.3 and includes new single player co-op mode, control options for bots and air dropped vehicles as well as number of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.
Battlefield 2: V1.3
April 25, 2006
- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to
be dropped at their location.
Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with
both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created
that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots
that will spawn in game.
Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots
that will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that
25% of the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always
the MEC, Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and
Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is
easiest, 100 is the most difficult.
- Default Kit Selection:
The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and
BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Fixed issues with remote console and linux server
- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.
- Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they
- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use
the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.
- Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture
- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets
- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound
and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.
- Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality
- Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.
- Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.
- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle
- Adjusted award criteria
- Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using
"connect to IP"
- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline
- Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)
- Fixed a crash caused when a player is joining a map and another player logs
into the same account
- Fixed a Dragon Valley exploit
- Fixed a bug on Zatar Wetlands where AA missiles would not lock onto oil
- Fixed a bug that caused the Eurofighter explosion to appear as a Mig-29
- Armor Bar removed from occupied machinegun emplacements
- Fixed a bug on Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands that caused enemy AA sites to not
display in bombing HUD
- Special Forces - Firing crossbow from open vehicle position causes others to
see player weapon firing
- Fixed Repair Hud for the engineer when in a vehicle and repairing a team mate
- Fixed a bug on Strike at Karkand where players were able to get inside a
building by Train Accident when FF is turned off
- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer
disable the Chinese artillery
- Fixed a bug in Zatar Wetlands 32 where commander assets were not being
properly dropped to the location specified by the User.